This role is a hybrid position covering responsibilities in corporate and client accounting. Reporting to both the accounting supervisor and the client accounting manager, the staff accountant will be responsible for various activities in corporate accounting and client engagement accounting for our US and EMEA offices. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter with a solid understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly account analysis/reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Open new client engagements/matters and set up assigned practitioners with hourly billing rates.
- Prepare client invoices in accordance with client engagement guidelines and in consultation with project managers.
- Apply client payments to open invoices in the accounting system and prepare payment notifications to project managers.
- Prepare periodic reporting of work in process and accounts receivables.
- Perform adhoc analyses and reports upon request.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in major and overall required – recent graduate.
- Proficiency with Excel and Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively work independently and in a team environment.