K2 Integrity is seeking an associate to be part of the Construction and Real Estate team, that is an integral part of the Investigations and Risk Advisory practice. The associate with be an engineer with a background in construction who will work on new and existing assignments and will be able to provide high quality and client ready work product. The role will be on-site, overseeing all aspects of assigned projects. The candidate will join a skilled team with a varied background working on a variety of construction projects in the New York metropolitan area.
- Conduct and support compliance checks, investigations into engineering issues and other specialized studies covering areas, such as:
- audits of payment applications to confirm that quantities claimed are in line with contract requirements
- quality assurance and quality control audits of various construction project processes such as special inspections, testing, commissioning, etc.
- audit change orders for compliance with contract requirements, accuracy, and completeness, and confirm that work was not already included in a contractor’s base scope
- conduct checks of equipment and materials used or installed on a project to confirm that it follows contract documents and that contractors have not used gray market products or knockoffs to cut corners to save time or money
- conduct prevailing wage, and other worker interviews to develop information that can be used to support other project team members and to focus compliance spot checks
- support any other audits of project governance requirements and/or contract documents, as needed
- Conduct regular visits, as needed, to construction sites to monitor work in progress and develop contacts with onsite representatives to better understand the progress of work.
- Interact with owners, and their representatives as well as personnel from construction management firms and general contractors. May also conduct interviews of contractors and their employees, as needed to support investigations or team activities.
- Travel, as needed, to construction projects to support assignments (up to 75% travel expectation).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in construction, in areas such as: inspections, construction management, architecture, construction audit/integrity monitoring or other construction related fields.
- Experience working on capital construction and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations of the City of New York considered a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, team player, self-motivated and possess strong technical, analytical, and communications skills (both verbal and written).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to draft accurate, concise summaries of work performed.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.