K2 Integrity is seeking a self-motivated, highly organized, and detail-oriented attorney with a minimum of five years of experience gained in-house and/or at a law firm to join its legal team. This is a unique opportunity to be involved in a wide range of legal matters across different practice areas for a fast-moving and complex business.
- Assist with development, implementation, and integration of the global compliance program across all offices.
- Assist in the management of litigation and administrative matters, including organizing and maintaining internal files and monitoring ongoing matter activity; assist in any discovery efforts between outside counsel and internal personnel, as needed.
- Assist in the management of the legal hold process, including implementing, maintaining, and tracking legal hold notices.
- Assist with policies and procedures, training, investigations, third-party oversight, risk assessments, testing and monitoring and continuous improvement.
- Manage cross-functional solutions that address compliance requirements across offices.
- Conduct research on emerging business risks/best practices.
- Stay up to date with evolving compliance laws and regulations.
- Review, draft, and revise form agreements.
- Assist with client and vendor contract negotiations.
- Assist with intake of newly executed contracts and maintenance of contract management system.
- Summarize contractual terms, and other business and legal matters, and respond to contract inquiries and requests.
- Perform other special assignments, strategic projects, or duties as needed.
- Juris Doctor degree from accredited law school; admission to the New York State Bar.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience gained in-house and/or at a law firm.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with DocuSign and ContractWorks (or a similar contract management system) preferred.
- Highly organized, extremely detail-oriented, autonomous, creative, efficient, and resourceful with strong follow-through skills.
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and demands and nimbly adjust to shifting priorities within a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment.
- Strong work ethic and sense of professionalism and discretion, demonstrating accountability, integrity, good judgment, and respect for confidentiality.
- Ability to operate autonomously while being a team player who brings a positive, “can do” attitude to the workplace and works collaboratively with other members of the legal team and with internal business partners.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Highly analytical and exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Strong desire to learn the business and expand areas of expertise and to function integrally as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Collegial, hard-working, confident self-starter with a passion for results.