K2 Integrity is seeking a platform administrator and operations associate for the DOLFIN platform. DOLFIN is an online working environment for the financial crimes and sanctions compliance community that is used by financial institutions, FinTechs, multinational companies, regional and local banks, governments, and nongovernment organizations (NGOs) across the globe.
This role requires a combination of platform administration, project management, and process and user experience/interface optimization and execution skills. The ideal candidate will have meticulous attention to detail, strong organizational and problem-solving skills, and excellent communication and collaboration skills. The candidate must be a self-starter with strong initiative and an outcomes focus, who can also collaborate closely with other members of the DOLFIN team and other departments within K2 Integrity. DOLFIN is a rapidly growing capability, and the candidate should be passionate about working with a cross-functional team to grow and evolve the platform.
- Manage the uploading, administration, and change management of written, audio, and video content on DOLFIN, the DOLFIN promo site, and our video and audio content hosting sites. Maintain consistent visual presentation across different content types and areas on DOLFIN, managing the evolution of the platform from a visual design and user experience perspective.
- Research, develop, and evolve proposals for product advancement and enhancements that support usability and adoption of the DOLFIN platform, including new ways to present data, information, and training materials consistent with best industry practices.
- Collaborate with and provide reporting to stakeholders across K2 Integrity on various aspects of the DOLFIN platform, including usage/adoption metrics, the success of adoption initiatives, and platform roadmap updates.
- Manage user onboarding and user permissions.
- Serve as central point of contact for intake and assessment of stakeholder questions and platform issues, consult with appropriate team members to troubleshoot and resolve challenges, and manage related activities.
- Develop and improve team processes and tools to better scale operations and improve efficiencies.
- Interface with clients to ensure strong outcomes for users.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- At least two years of professional experience working on complex projects and solving problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with high attention to detail, strong visual presentation skills, and the ability to maintain design cohesion.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with LMS and CMS systems preferred.
- Familiarity with software development preferred.
- Familiarity with financial crime risk compliance topics preferred.
- Resident in or around Washington, DC, or U.S. resident qualifications with ability to relocate to the Washington, DC area.