K2 Integrity is looking for an associate for our Financial Crimes Risk Management (FCRM) practice. The associate will work closely with the managing directors of the FCRM practice on a variety of financial crimes issues, including anti-money laundering and combating the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT), anti-bribery and corruption (ABC), and anti-fraud-related risk assessments; monitorships; investigations; advisory services; interfacing with regulatory authorities; substantive training, and thought leadership, as well as other financial crimes compliance issues as they arise. The ideal candidate will have experience with U.S. (e.g., Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering Act, PATRIOT Act, and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act) and international AML/CFT and ABC regimes, including the UK and EU regimes, as well as global standards from organizations such as the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) and the Wolfsberg Group. The ideal candidate will also possess strong writing and editing skills, with the ability to understand financial crimes compliance risks and recommend mitigation strategies. Candidates should also excel at identifying and advising clients about gaps in their existing compliance programs or—in the case of government clients—compliance-related laws, regulations, and supervisory frameworks. In addition, candidates should be comfortable with public speaking, as this role may be called upon to act as a faculty member in K2 Integrity’s ongoing training services or to participate in webinars or industry events.
- Develop, draft, and review AML/CFT, ABC, and anti-fraud policies and procedures for banks, FinTech and payments companies, cryptocurrency firms, corporations, and others to ensure consistency with legal obligations and regulatory expectations.
- Develop, draft, and review AML/CFT, ABC, and anti-fraud laws and regulations and supervisory frameworks and help foreign governments prepare for international evaluations related to these topics.
- Work with directors and managing directors to design and implement qualitative and quantitative financial crimes compliance risk assessment methodologies and provide advice about risk-mitigation strategies for banks, FinTech and payments companies, cryptocurrency firms, corporations, foreign jurisdictions, and others.
- Conduct AML, ABC, and anti-fraud trainings for compliance officers and foreign government agencies.
- Track and draft client alerts and other thought leadership pieces about emerging issues and new developments on topics related to U.S. and international AML/CFT, ABC, and fraud-related laws and regulations, FinTech and cryptocurrency developments, and the application of emerging technologies to financial crimes compliance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to improve and develop new processes and to ensure efforts are efficient and synchronized across all channels.
- Use a high level of independent judgment to solve problems, escalating issues to senior management as necessary.
- Cultivate relationships with new and existing clients for continued business development.
- Support client engagement and business development efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum three years of professional experience in AML/CFT, ABC, or anti-fraud compliance, either at a bank, FinTech or payments company, cryptocurrency firm, consulting firm, law firm, government agency, or non-governmental organization.
- Subject-matter expertise in U.S. and international laws, regulations, and standards for AML/CFT, ABC, and anti-fraud.
- Superior research, writing, and editing skills.
- Specialized experience with quantitative risk assessments or FinTech, payments, or cryptocurrency companies preferred.
- Prior training experience preferred.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
- High levels of professionalism, and self-motivation together with a sense of urgency.
- Exceptional ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and meet deadlines with efficiency.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or experience in using other database applications.
- Ability to travel as needed.