Reporting to the Client Accounting Manager, the Client Accounting Senior Analyst will participate in the daily billing and collection activities in the Client Accounting Group for the global firm. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated detail oriented problem solver with a solid understanding of accounting principles.
- Open new client engagements/matters and set up assigned practioners with negotiated hourly billing rates, where applicable.
- Monitor and review Work in Progress (WIP) fees and costs against budget and for compliance with Master Services Agreements.
- Prepare client invoices in accordance with client engagement guidelines and in consultation with Project Managers.
- Monitor and follow-up on unpaid accounts receivable invoices with Project Managers and clients to ensure timely receipt of payment.
- Notify Project Manager of incoming client payments and record payments against open invoices in accounting system.
- Prepare and reconcile reports of billing progress, WIP, and accounts receivable invoices.
- Participate in the creation and maintenance of client accounting procedure and training manuals.
- Perform adhoc analyses and reports upon request.
- Analyze billing and collection procedures and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience working with Elite Enterprise or Elite 3E is required.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role at a professional services or law firm.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (with knowledge of advanced functions), and Microsoft Word.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Detail oriented, with problem solving
- College degree, is preferred but not required