K2 Integrity is seeking a communications coordinator to join the marketing and communications department. The communications coordinator will assist the marketing and communications team in programming, helping to coordinate, support and execute firm communication strategy and activities. This role will work on a global basis, closely coordinating with marketing teams in New York and London, as well as with practitioners in other offices. We are seeking an energetic, highly organized, and creative self-starter to join our growing team.
- Manage maintenance of the firm’s media lists, including building, updating, and identifying areas of opportunity to reach out to new press.
- Field media questions with senior manager, and brainstorm stories to pitch to media. Help manage the flow of news about the company to the media.
- Participate in the development, recommendation, and execution of marketing and practice development initiatives, contributing to the planning of integrated marketing campaigns from the PR perspective.
- Assist senior manager in drafting and executing on news releases and firm announcements, including developing internal and external communication strategies.
- Identify topics of interest to key audiences and assist in creating content in various forms (articles, white papers, podcasts, social media campaigns, etc.) that clearly articulate the value of our products and services.
- Participate in the development of newsletters for internal and external audiences.
- Support the management and maintenance of the firm’s social media presence, including development and execution of campaigns as well as analytics and reporting.
- Assist senior manager with key internal communications campaigns, including town halls and company-wide events and announcements.
- Collaborate across the full marketing and communications team as well as outside consultants and vendors to execute priority marketing campaigns, providing project management and creative input as needed.
- Regularly report on analytics to determine areas of strength and improvement for communications initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree with proven academic excellence.
- Two to three years of experience working in communications and/or PR industry. Experience with professional services, financial services, or legal industry a plus.
- Extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office tools with an emphasis on Word, Excel and Power Point capabilities.
- Experience working with media databases and tools, such as Muck Rack, Meltwater, Cision/PR Newswire, etc.
- Competency with social media platforms, particularly in B2B communications.
- Self-starter, analytical and solution oriented, with strong organization, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills and a strong team ethic.
- Ability to interact professionally with office leadership, and clients and partners, as needed.