K2 Integrity is seeking a director for its environmental, social, and governance (ESG) practice, with a focus on environmental and sustainability issues. This role will work closely with the head of ESG to develop and bring to market ESG solutions, establishing ESG standards, frameworks, and policies for clients in the asset management industry. The ideal candidate will have managerial experience in an ESG-focused role within a financial institution and working knowledge of international ESG standards, reporting metrics, and datasets.
- Act as a subject-matter expert on all initiatives related to ESG and corporate sustainability, with a specific focus on environmental issues.
- Serve as the K2 Integrity expert on environmental and sustainability related ESG issues.
- Develop a process for auditing, validating, and assuring the quality of the ESG data collected from clients; work with internal teams to manage ESG solutions.
- Work alongside K2 Integrity’s ESG team to understand evolving ESG standards and frameworks as regulatory requirements are updated.
- Support the ESG team and senior leadership in building a coherent and consistent approach to K2 Integrity ESG solution integration and marketing.
- Assist with client presentations, participating in meetings, calls, and conferences as needed.
- Contribute intellectually to firm’s discussions and events surrounding ESG-related topics and themes.
- Lead training and educational initiatives with clients surrounding ESG and sustainability guidelines.
- Support senior leadership, business development, and product leads in identifying new opportunities, market trends, and potential gaps.
- Stay abreast of relevant ESG-related news, trends, regulatory developments, policies, and corporate practices, and ensure that the firm’s procedures remain in line with international standards.
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree or MBA, with academic experience in ESG-related issues and topics, preferred.
- 5+ years of work experience with ESG integration or corporate sustainability strategy in the financial services sector, with significant exposure to environmental and climate-related data and analysis.
- Solid understanding of global sustainability reporting frameworks, standards (GRI, TCFD, UNPRI, SFDR, SASB), ratings, and trends, and knowledge of methods of assessing the financial materiality of environmental and climate-related risks and opportunities, and the metrics used to measure performance.
- Ability to leverage subject-matter expertise to inform research reports and drive the firm’s research agenda.
- Understanding of key policy and market developments related to the environment and climate that impact corporate operations and investment decisions.
- Proficiency with both quantitative and qualitative research, analysis, valuation, and writing; exceptional quantitative aptitude and qualitative reasoning.
- Ability to problem-solve and synthesize complex data and research into digestible, actionable outputs.
- Ability to overcome challenges with creative solutions.
- Strong executive presence with excellent client management and relationship skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; strong organizational and time management skills.