K2 Integrity is seeking a director or senior director to join our Investigations and Risk Advisory (I&RA) practice. The director/senior director will be an accomplished practitioner in areas including corporate fraud investigations, bribery and corruption investigations, transactional due diligence investigations, asset search investigations, litigation support, and risk advisory and intelligence services. This role will provide leadership and demonstrate expertise in client engagement, team management, and project management roles, often in the context of high-stakes, time-sensitive situations. The director/senior director will be expected to work collaboratively with other practitioners and senior leadership on multijurisdictional, complex investigations conducted by multidisciplinary, cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience conducting and leading research-focused investigations.
- Conduct and manage detailed public records investigations on individuals, corporate entities, and issues utilizing a wide range of sources, including media reports; criminal, civil, and bankruptcy proceedings; regulatory filings; business registrations; and real property records, as well as human sources.
- Provide leadership and oversight of team members on engagement work plans; supervise staff, review deliverables, and manage budgets; liaise directly with clients to communicate progress and findings.
- Manage a variety of fraud investigations and internal corporate investigations, including the management of various workstreams, from transaction testing, document review, forensic analysis, and data analytics to interviews, investigative research, and field investigative work.
- Assist in business development efforts including preparation of proposals and participation in marketing activities.
- Build and manage client relationships through superb delivery and execution.
- Handle multiple projects of a diverse nature concurrently.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 4+ years of experience in dispute and investigation consulting or equivalent experience in the public sector or in related fields such as intelligence, investigations, investigative journalism, or law. Previous roles must demonstrate excellence in conducting and managing complex, qualitative, and analytical research with minimal supervision, and presenting findings to clients.
- Experience interacting with corporate, legal, and/or government clients is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in public record, investigative, and financial research resources is required. Examples include LexisNexis; Westlaw; Bloomberg; Factiva; TLO; Accurint; EDGAR/SEC records; and government-administered civil litigation, criminal record, property, and corporate registration databases.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, is required.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A passion for excellence, creativity, and alignment with K2 Integrity’s entrepreneurial ethos.
- Willingness to adjust schedule to complete time-sensitive projects within deadlines and occasionally respond to urgent requests.
- Ability to travel, if needed, for certain client engagements.