K2 Integrity is seeking an experienced investigator to conduct complex investigations in a variety of areas including integrity monitoring on construction projects in the New York metropolitan area.
- Conduct complex investigations into construction fraud with a focus on monitoring public and private construction projects for evidence of various types of maleficence, safety issues, and wage compliance.
- Respond to incidents and implement policies, procedures, and operating guidelines related to investigating complaints, including collecting intake information; determining the scope of the investigation; creating investigation plans; collecting and analyzing evidence; applying facts to set policies; conducting fact-finding interviews; and making visual observations.
- Provide clients with detailed, high-quality reports that effectively communicate the results of investigations.
- Provide training, guidance, and support to clients on-site.
- Liaise with K2 Integrity’s investigations team regarding open cases and assignments.
- 15+ Years of experience in law enforcement as a detective, federal agent, or supervisor; bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Extensive experience in leading investigations and case management, including experience conducting interviews, collecting evidence, making visual observations, conducting surveillance, and cultivating sources of information related to specific assignments; real estate and construction industry experience preferred.
- Skilled communicator with excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze complex information, weigh evidence, and determine credibility of witnesses to develop logical conclusions.
- Must possess a knowledge of New York State Penal Law and Criminal Procedure Law, including the rules of evidence.
- Ability to exercise sound operational judgement, as well as flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities and challenges.
- Must be self-motivated and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Bilingual capabilities preferred.