K2 Integrity is seeking an IT helpdesk manager for our Information Technology team in New York. The helpdesk manager will oversee staff and ensure that end users are receiving the appropriate assistance across our offices, globally. The manager will be required to deal with multiple simultaneous support issues individually and in coordination with the other service desk analysts. This role will also responsible for managing the desktop, including the base operating system, application awareness and education, application deployment, and patching.
- Manage the processing of incoming requests to the service desk to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Analyze performance of service desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Manage and coordinate the deployment of new desktop systems.
- Manage the employee onboarding/offboarding process.
- Issue user accounts and handle access management.
- Coordinate and/or perform hands-on fixes at the user’s desktop, including installing and upgrading software and configuring systems and applications.
- Manage inventory at all sites; ensure that physical inventory levels are maintained, replenishing as needed.
- Manage desktop architecture research and development; mobile devices and contracts; and management of copiers, printers, and vendor contracts.
- Implement and manage appropriate enterprise desktop management solution(s), including service desk software.
- Track and analyze trends in service desk requests and generate statistical reports.
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and FAQ lists for end users.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of help desk staff training procedures and policies.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems or a technology-related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of IT experience
- 2+ years of supervisory experience.
- Excellent customer service experience.
- Excellent understanding of the help desk environment, including operations, processes, etc.
- Strong knowledge in Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, and Microsoft Office.
- Strong knowledge of PC hardware setup and configuration.
- Strong understanding of iPhones and Android phones.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 365.
- Knowledge in DHCP, SMTP, TCP/IP, and DNS.
- Experience using Active Directory to manage users, computers, and groups.