K2 Integrity is seeking a managing director to join our Investigations and Risk Advisory practice. This senior market-facing professional will be responsible for developing and leading engagements across all aspects of the practice, including corporate fraud, bribery and corruption, and asset-tracing investigations, in addition to those involving litigation support, risk advisory and intelligence services.
The managing director will serve as a trusted advisor to clients across industry verticals, developing client relationships in the Americas. The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of what is involved in the planning and management of multi-jurisdiction, complex investigations, and management of cross-functional and cross-cultural teams.
- Drive growth of the Investigations and Risk Advisory (I&RA) practice, through establishing and developing new client relationships.
- Engage in strategic and systematic business developments efforts (identifying new target clients, establishing and building relationships with senior executives at those entities, fostering partnerships).
- Lead investigations; conduct and manage detailed investigative research on individuals, corporate entities, and issues from a wide range of sources, including media reports; criminal, civil, and bankruptcy proceedings; regulatory filings; business registrations; and real property records, as well as human sources.
- Lead efforts to collect data in large scale investigations, including document retention and chain-of-custody procedures.
- Manage data collection and extraction.
- Manage data analysis, reporting, and remediation.
- Manage verification of data and perform quality control over work products.
- Advise practitioners and clients on information governance and privacy and security matters.
- Analyse and deploy best practices applicable to the handling and analysis of electronic evidence.
- Prepare proposals, oversee engagements and maintain active and ongoing communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction with our work, and foster sustained and ongoing business relationships.
- Provide executive level leadership and oversight of team members regarding engagement work plans and performance.
- Act as a recognized expert and active thought leader in the marketplace; engage in thought leadership and participate in public speaking engagements; represent the firm in marketing events or other public events.
- Stay apprised of industry trends and current developments.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Advanced degree is strongly preferred.
- 8+ years of strong experience in dispute and investigation consulting or equivalent public sector experience.
- Strong executive presence and business acumen.
- Demonstrated track record of strategic business development.
- A high level of energy, sense of urgency, and decisiveness coupled with an ability to work in high-stakes and high-pressure situations with tight deadlines for execution.
- Hands-on personality with strong drive, ambition, and enthusiasm.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- Fluent oral and written foreign language skills are desired.
- Ability to travel, as required.