K2 Integrity is looking for a senior forensic engineering associate who will perform all engineering-evaluation-related aspects of new and existing assignments. The candidate will be required to produce high-quality and client-ready work product and meet applicable project requirements.
- Manage all engineering-related aspects of new and existing assignments, including producing client-ready deliverables, assisting project managers with managing client expectations, and working within established time and budget restrictions.
- Evaluate various areas of capital construction projects including, but not limited to, contract documents, procurement, payment applications, quality assurance and quality control, change orders, project schedules, and other construction processes.
- Assist in the development of methodologies for testing project controls and develop metrics to visualize compliance with project controls.
- Interact with owners/construction managers/general contractors and, as needed, conduct interviews of staff from the same.
- Assist in the development of systems, processes, and controls to deliver work product in the Chicago area.
- Travel as needed to complete assignments at project sites (50% travel expectation).
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, architecture, construction management, or a related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the construction industry.
- Experience presenting information to clients or decision makers.
- Self-motivated with excellent technical, analytical, and communications skills (both verbal and written).
- Experience with construction claims and litigation a plus.
- PE, PMP, or CFE certifications are a plus.