K2 Integrity is looking for a senior director for its Financial Crimes Risk Management (FCRM) Managed Services practice based in New York, NY, or Washington, DC. The senior director will primarily be responsible for the supervision of Managed Services client projects, working directly with clients and providing leadership for assigned project teams. The successful candidate will utilize their management skills and financial crimes regulatory knowledge to oversee the day-to-day operations of engagements to meet agreed-upon client objectives.
- Manage client relationships while contributing to the growth of K2 Integrity’s business.
- Assist with the management of teams on engagements related to risk assessments, gap analysis, development or enhancement of policies and procedures, execution of due diligence, control enhancements, alert reviews, case investigations, and transaction monitoring system implementation, validation, and tuning.
- Build and assemble teams based on skill sets and experience required for specific engagements; ensure completion of tasks/casework assigned to engagement team.
- Support the head of managed services in leading client meetings and offering insightful solutions to complex problems; be a thought leader for client needs/solutions and discussions related to the engagement.
- Lead meetings with clients and ensure that all client reporting is accurate and issued timely.
- Supervise the day-to-day operations on financial crime/AML engagements in accordance with terms of the agreement and ensure the engagement is delivered on time and on budget.
- Establish quality standards on engagements and work with managers and/or team leads to ensure that an appropriate QC process is implemented to mitigate risks and adhere to client QC requirements/standards.
- Identify and coordinate training needs on each project to ensure that the engagement team has the appropriate knowledge and tools to successfully meet client objectives.
- Oversee the engagement team's production and results, identifying and communicating opportunities for improved efficiency and conducting quality control reviews as necessary.
- Help identify new opportunities or opportunities to extend current work, based on an understanding of the client's AML program and its operations.
- Maintain education and knowledge with regard to BSA, AML/KYC/OFAC, and USA PATRIOT Act regulations.
- Maintain 360-degree collaboration with colleagues, team members, and firm leadership.
- Meet utilization targets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-graduate degree (Master’s or J.D.) with 10+ years of U.S. financial crimes compliance experience, with a deep operational understanding of the application of regulatory requirements as these pertain to policies and procedures, know your customer, customer due diligence, enhanced due diligence, transaction monitoring, and sanctions screening.
- Proven ability to lead, mentor, and coach teams of more than 25 people.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, establishing cooperative and collaborative working relationships.
- Ability to lead projects, develop timelines, coordinate project teams, and implement action items during the life of a project.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead client conversations around AML subject matters and the operational aspects of projects.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Ability to reinforce K2 Integrity’s values and its mission of inclusiveness through day-to-day behavior and to operate with a high level of self-awareness of unconscious biases and preferences to ensure that decision making is fair and equitable.
- Ability to exercise subject-matter expertise and project management skills to effectively manage engagement scopes, budgets, and timelines.
- Ability to identify and promptly resolve potential risks and issues while managing client expectations.
- Ability to travel on occasion.
- Financial crimes compliance related certification (CAFP or CAMS) preferred.