K2 Integrity is looking for a payments expert to serve as a senior director or associate managing director for our Financial Crimes Risk Management (FCRM) practice. The senior director or associate managing director will work closely with the FCRM team on a variety of financial integrity issues, including anti-money laundering/combating the financing of terrorism (AML/CFT), sanctions, anti-bribery and corruption (ABC), and anti-fraud matters. The senior director or associate managing director would be charged with leading and working with cross-functional teams on diverse projects, including training development and delivery, risk assessments, and advisory services, and would also be called upon to contribute content for K2 Integrity’s eLearning platform—the Dedicated Online Financial Integrity Network—including training and thought leadership products, and to participate in webinars and other industry events.
The ideal candidate will have experience and expertise across traditional banking payment systems and operations, card-based systems and operations, MSB payment platforms and operations, third party payment processors, and virtual currency / blockchain-based payments. The ideal candidate will also have experience with U.S., UK, and EU AML/CFT regimes, as well as with global standards from organizations such as the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) and the Wolfsberg Group. The ideal candidate will also possess strong writing and editing skills, with the ability to understand financial crimes compliance risks and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Develop, draft, and review AML/CFT, sanctions, ABC, and anti-fraud policies and procedures for payments companies and others to ensure consistency with legal obligations and regulatory expectations.
- Review and provide input on AML/CFT, sanctions, ABC, and anti-fraud policies and procedures for financial institution-related relationship with card-based systems and operations, MSB payment platforms and operations, third party payment processors, and virtual currency / blockchain-based payments.
- Work with the FCRM team to design and implement qualitative and quantitative financial crimes compliance risk assessment methodologies and provide advice about risk-mitigation strategies for banks, money services businesses, FinTech and payments companies, cryptocurrency firms, corporations, foreign jurisdictions, and others.
- Design and deliver AML, sanctions, ABC, and anti-fraud trainings for compliance officers and foreign government agencies, particularly on topics related to payments and payment processors.
- Track regulatory developments and draft client alerts, thought leadership pieces, and content for DOLFIN about emerging issues and new developments on topics related to U.S. and international AML/CFT, sanctions, ABC, and fraud-related laws and regulations; industry and regulatory developments in payments, FinTech, and cryptocurrency; and the application of emerging technologies to financial crimes compliance.
- Cultivate relationships with new and existing clients for continued business development.
- Support client engagement and business development efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum eight to ten years of professional experience across:
- Traditional banking payment systems and operations (books transfers, wires, ACH, RDC);
- Card-based systems and operations (credit, debit, stored value);
- MSB payment platforms and operations, including traditional messaging and settlement systems and new and emerging payment platforms and operations (including mobile/telecom and internet-based systems);
- Third party payment processors.
- Virtual currency / blockchain-based payments (including central bank digital currencies).
- Subject-matter expertise in U.S. and international AML/CFT, sanctions, ABC, and anti-fraud laws, regulations, and standards.
- Specialized experience in financial crimes compliance risk assessment, gap analysis, and policy remediation.
- Superior research, writing, and editing skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
- High levels of professionalism and self-motivation, together with a sense of urgency.
- Exceptional ability to multitask, prioritize projects, and meet deadlines with efficiency.
- Prior training experience preferred.
- Ability to travel as needed.