In “FCPA Compliance Report, Episode 501: Jordan Arnold and Sujeet Mahant on the DFS Cyber Enforcement Action on First American Title” (14 September 2020), The FCPA Compliance Report features Jordan Arnold and Surjeet Mahant on what the first New York Department of Financial Services (NYDFS) 500 enforcement action means for the broader financial ecosystem. Topics covered include:
- Overview of the enforcement action
- What are the broader consequences for the industry?
- What is the significance of regulation/action? Why the need for proactive action?
- What is the DFS and why is it regulating an insurance company around cyber?
- Why has cyber become a part of the broader compliance conversation?
- What specific steps can entities take to mitigate a violation or breach of data?
- What can entities expect in the future from regulators in the cyber space?