The 13 April 2023 report, Organized Retail Crime: An Assessment of a Persistent and Growing Threat, released by the National Retail Federation (NRF) in partnership with K2 Integrity, provides a detailed assessment of U.S.-based organized retail crime (ORC) groups, their tactics and techniques for theft and resale, and their linkages with other types of organized crime. In response to its release, key business and retail press outlets are discussing the report’s conclusions. Read through the coverage at the links below (registration may be required).
- Wall Street Journal: “The Target of Runaway Theft”
- Chain Store Age: “Study: Organized Retail Crime (ORC) Growing in Scope, Complexity”
- Insider: “Why Retail Crime Rings Target Cheap Goods at Walmart and CVS and Skip Luxury Stores”
- Progressive Grocer: “Organized Retail Crime Threat Rising: NRF”
- PYMNTS: “Organized Retail Crime Groups Focus on Everyday Consumer Goods”
- Retail Insight Network: “NRF Reports ORC Groups Mostly Target Everyday Consumer Goods”
- Sourcing Journal: “NRF Study Uncovers Latest Trends in ‘Dangerous’ Organized Retail Crime”
- Axios: “Exclusive: Organized Retail Crime Growing in Size and Complexity, New NRF Report Says”
- The Daily Wire: “Retail Theft Often Preplanned by Complex Criminal Networks, New Report Asserts”
Request a copy of the report to learn more about organized retail crime groups, their tactics, and ways to protect your business.